We have already provided lots of Notes and PDF materials for SSC CGL Exam. Today, We are going to provide you a Notes on Our Solar System. It's an Important topic and questions are being asked from this topic. Anyway, If you want to have a look on some of our previously provided notes or PDF material, Click on below given links:
- Major Upcoming Sports Events and their Host countries
- Features of Indian Constitution Borrowed from Other Countries
- Major Sea Ports of India
- Common Fruits and their Edible Parts
- Notes on Election Commission
- Selected Questions from Nervous System and Sense Organs
- Important National Park along with their States
- Important GK Questions for SSC CGL- Part 5
- Agricultural revolution and Associated Products
- Important GK Questions for SSC CGL Part -2
- Important GK Questions for SSC CGL Part-1
and many more>>
- History ebook Containing all important data for Competitive Exams - Download
- Physics PDF Capsule for All SSC Exams (SSC CGL 2015, SSC CPO, SSC CHSL, FCI)
- Geography ebook Containing all Important Data for Exams - Download
- Maths PDF Capsule on Geometry and Mensuration
- NCERT Books of class 8,9 and 10
- Collection of One-Word Substitution
- Collection of Idioms and Phrases
- Paramount Test series for SSC CGL Tier-1 2016 along with answers in PDF(32 sets)
- K.D Campus Test series for SSC CGL Tier-1 2016 along with answers in PDF
- S.S Bharti Maths Classroom Notes for SSC CGL
- English Notes of Jamal Parwez for SSC CGL
Solar System : Some Facts
- Biggest Planet : Jupiter
- Smallest Planet : Mercury
- Nearest Planet to Sun : Mercury
- Farthest Planet to Sun : Neptune
- Nearest Planet to Earth : Venus
- Brightest Planet : Venus
- Brighest Star after Sun : Sirius
- Planet with maximum satellites : Jupiter
- Coldest Planet : Neptune
- Hottest Planet : Venus
- Heaviest Planet : Jupiter
- Red Planet : Mars
- Biggest Satellite : Gannymede
- Smallest Satellite - Deimos
- Blue Planet : Earth
- Morning/ Evening star : Venus
- Earth's Twin : Venus
- Green Planet : Neptune
- Planet with a big red spot : Jupiter
- Lord of Heavens : Jupiter
- Greatest Diurnal Temperature : Mercury
- Ratio of Gravitational pull of Moon and Earth : 1:6
- Part of Moon notvisible from the earth : 41%
- Revolution period of Moon around Earth : 27 days, 7 hrs, 43 min and 11.47 secs
- Rotation period of Moon around Earth : 27 days, 7 hrs, 43 min and 11.47 sec
- Highest Mountain of Moon - 35000 ft (Leibniz Mts.)
- Time taken by Moonlight to reach Earth : 1.3 sec
- Rotation : 58.65 days
- Revolution: 88 days (Fastest revolution in Solar System)
- Maximum diurnal range of temperature. Its days are scorching hot and nights are frigid.
- It has no atmosphere and no satellite.
- Also called Earth's Twin, because it is slightly smaller than Earth ( 500 km less in diameter).
- Popularly known as Evening Star and Morning Star.
- Brightest object after sun and moon (because of 70% albedo, the reflecting power).
- Closest planet to earth.
- It is the hottest planet in Solar System. It is because of the green house effect as its atmosphere contains 90-95% carbon dioxide. The night and day temperatures are also almost same. Rotates backward(clockwise) unlike others.
- Slowest rotation in Solar System (257 days). Almost equla rotation and revolution (224.7 days).
- Also called Blue Planet. It is the densest of all planets.
- Circumference: 40,232 km. Area: 510 million sq. km.
- Average distance from sun : 149 million-km.
- Spins on its imaginary axis from West to East in 23 hrs, 56 min and 40.91 sec.
- Takes 365 days, 5 hrs, 48 min and 45.51 sec in annual movement around the sun. It results in extra days every fourth year.
- Also called Red Planet.
- Revolution : 687 days
- Rotation: 24.6 hrs( almost equal to Earth)
- It has a thin atmosphere comprising of nitrogen and argon.
- It is marked with dormant volcanoes and deep chasms where once water flowed. Recent explorations have thrown light on the possibilities of existence of life here.
- The highest mountain here is named 'Nix Olympia' which is three times higher than Mount Everest.
- It has 2 satellites - Phobos and Deimos