Indian Polity Quiz for All SSC Exams
1. Sixth Schedule of he constitution cannot be implemented in which state?
2. In which Article of Indian Constitution, Hindi is said to be the National Language of India?
- Article 343 (I)
- Article 345
- Article 352
- Article 349
3. By which article of the constitution, there is provision for the joint sitting of the Parliament?
- Article 85
- Article 108
- Article 110
- Article 112
4. In which year India became a sovereign democratic republic?
5. Who was responsible for the integration of more than 500 princely states of India?
- K.M Munshi
- B.R Ambedkar
- Sardar V. Patel
- Sardar baladev singh
6.Parliament of India consists of:
- Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and President of India
- Lok Sabha and Prime Minister of India
- Lok Sabha and Vice-President
- Rajya Sabha, Prime Minister and other Minister
7. President of India can make laws during recess of Parliament through:
8. Who among the following is the ex-officio chairman of Rajya Sabha.
- Vice-President of India
- Speaker of Lok Sabha
- Cabinet Secretary
- Attorney-General of India
9. President of India appoints all but not:
- Attorney General
- Chief Election Commissioner
- Advocate General
- Chief Justice of India
10. Which article of the constitution envisages free and compulsory education for children upto the age of 14 years?
- Article 45
- Article 43
- Article 29
- Article 46
11. The minimum age for the candidate to be eligible for the membership of the Rajya Sabha is:
12. Who among the following headed the Commission on Police Reforms?
- Dharam Vir
- Ashok Mehta
- J.Four Ali
- Ram Niwas Mirdha
13. The chairman of the public Account committee of the Parliament is appointed by:
- Finance Minister
- Speaker of Lok Sabha
14.When the proclamation of President's rule in a state can be made?
- If the president on receipt of a report from the Governor of the state or otherwise is satisfied that a situation has arisen in which the Government of the state cannot be carried on in accordance with the provisions of the constitution.
- When a bill introduced by the state government is defeated in the State Legislature.
- If the President on receipt of report from the Government of the state is satisfied that a situation is likely to arise in which the Government of the state cannot be carried on in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution.
- When the Governor and the Chief Minister of a state differ on a vital issue.
15. According to the Constitutional 91st Amendment Act of 2003, the total number of Ministers, including Prime Minister, in the Council of Ministers shall not exceed ____________% of the total number of members of the House of People?
16. The Constitution of India does not mention the post of :
- The Deputy Speaker of the Lok Sabha
- The Deputy Speaker of the State Legislative Assembly
- The Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha
- The Deputy Prime Minister
17.Through which constitutional amendment in article 359, it has been laid down that Fundamental Rights under articles 20 and 21 are enforceable during the operation of emergency?
- 44th Amendment Act
- 46th Amendment Act
- 45th Amendment Act
- 48th Amendment Act
18. Which authority in the Parliament has the right to adjourn the House?
- Speaker of the Lok Sabha and Chairman of Rajya Sabha
- Parliamentary Affairs Minister
- Prime Minister
19.How many standing Committees are there in Lok Sabha?
20. Who proposed the Preamble before the drafting committee of the constitution?
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- B.R Ambedkar
- B.N Rau
- Mahatma Gandhi
- (4) Manipur
- (1) Article 343 (I)
- (2) Article 108
- (2) 1950
- (3) Sardar Vallab bhai patel
- (1) Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and President of India
- (1) Ordinance
- (1) Vice-President of India
- (3) Advocate General
- (1) Article 45
- (3) 30 years
- (1) Dharam Vir
- (4) Speaker of Lok Sabha
- (1) If the president on receipt of a report from the Governor of the state or otherwise is satisfied that a situation has arisen in which the Government of the state cannot be carried on in accordance with the provisions of the constitution.
- (1) 15%
- (4) The Deputy Prime minister
- (1) 44th Amendment Act
- (1) Speaker of Lok Sabha and Chairman of Rajya Sabha
- (1) 14
- (1) Jawahar Lal Nehru