Hi Guys. Today, I am providing you the video explaining the trick for solving Problems based on Pipes and Cistern. This is however the first part of the video but still, it will help you in solving at least 70% questions based on Pipes and cistern. Just watch the below attached video. Once done, try to solve the questions which are given below:
Problems based on Pipes and Cistern for Practice
(1) A tap can empty a tank in One hour. A second tap can empty it in 30 Minutes. If both the taps operate simultaneously, how much time is needed to empty the tank?
(1) 20 Minutes (2) 30 Minutes
(3) 40 Minutes (4) 45 Minutes
(2)Two pipes can fill a tank separately in 20 Minutes and 30 Minutes respectively. If both the pipes are opened simultaneously, then the tank will be filled in
(1) 10 Minutes (2) 12 Minutes
(3)15 Minutes (4) 25 Minutes(3) Three pipes P,Q and R can separately fill a cistern in 4,8 and 12 hours respectively. Another pipe S can empty the completely filled cistern in 10 hours. Which of the following arrangement will fill the empty cistern in less than others?
(1) Q alone is Open (2)P and S are open
(3) P,R and S are open (4) P,Q and S are Open
(4) Two pipes can fill a cistern separately in 10 hours and 15 hours. They can together fill the cistern in:
(1) 6 hours (2) 7 hours
(3) 8 hours (4) 9 hours
(5) Three taps A,B and C together can fill an empty cistern in 10 Minutes. The tap A alone can fill it in 30 Minutes and the tap B alone in 40 Minutes. How long will the tap C alone take to fill it?
(1) 16 Minutes (2) 24 minutes
(3) 32 Minutes (4) 40 Minutes