Reasoning Quiz on SCHEDULED DAY/ DATE/ TIME
1. If 9th of the month falls on the day preceding Sunday, on what day will 1st of the month fall?
2. Anil reached a place on Friday. He came to know that he was three days earlier than the scheduled day. If he had reached there on the following Sunday, how many days late/ early he would have been?
- One day earlier
- One day late
- Two days late
- Two days earlier
3. The chairman of the Selection Committee arrived at the Interview room for conducting an interview at 10 minutes to 12:30 hrs. He was earlier by twenty minutes than the other members of the board, who arrived late by 30 minutes. At what time were the interview scheduled?
4. By looking in a mirror, it appears that it is 6:30 in the clock. What is the real time?
5. If day before yesterday was Friday, what will be the third day after the day after tomorrow?
6. If the day before yesterday was Thursday, when will Sunday be?
- Day after tomorrow
- Two days after today
7. If the day before yesterday was Sunday, what day will be three days after the day after tomorrow?
8. If the day after tomorrow is Sunday, what day was tomorrow's day before before yesterday?
9. Mrs. Susheela celebrated her wedding anniversary on Tuesday, 30th September 1997. When will she celebrate her next wedding anniversary on the same day?
- 30 September 2003
- 30 September 2004
- 30 September 2002
- 30 October 2003
10. A clock gains five minutes every hour. What will be the angle traversed by the second hand in one minute?
- 360 degree
- 360.5 degree
- 390 degree
- 380 degree
Answers with Explanation
1. (1) According to question, 9th is the saturday. Therefore, 9 - 7 =2nd will also be a saturday. Hence, 1st will be a Friday.
2.(1) Anil reached the place on Friday and he was three days earlier than the scheduled day.
Therefore, the scheduled day = Friday +3 days = Monday. If he had reached on Sunday then he
would have reached earlier than one day.
3.(1) The chairman of the Selection committee arrived at 12.20 hrs. Other members arrived at 12:40 hrs. Scheduled time of Interview = 12:10 hrs
4. (2) When it appears 6:30 in mirror, the real time would be 5:30.
5.(3) The day before yesterday was friday. Therefore, today is Sunday. The day after tomorrow will be Tuesday. Tuesday +3 = Saturday.
6. (1) Day before yesterday was Thursday. Today is Saturday. Tomorrow will be Sunday.
7. (1) Day before yesterday was Sunday. Therefore, today is Tuesday. Day after tomorrow will be Thursday. Thursday + 3 = Sunday.
8. (2) The day after tomorrow is Sunday. Therefore, today is Friday. The day on tomorrow's day before yesterday = Friday - 1 = Thursday.
9. (1) 30th September 1998 = Wednesday
30th September 1999 = Thursday
30th September 2000 = Saturday
Because 2000 is a Leap Year and there is one extra day in the month of February.
30th September 2001 = Sunday
30th September 2002 = Monday
30th September 2003 = Tuesday
An ordinary year has one Odd day.
10. (2) Each second-space equals 1 degree. A clock gains five minutes every hour. It means the clock gains 5/60 minutes in one minute.
(5/60)* 360 = 30
The second hand will traverse 360.5 degrees in one minute.