Direction: In the following questions, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with appropriate and suitable word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each questions. Choose the correct alternative out of the four.
(1) I am satisfied ____________his innocence.
(2) People like to work for organization that takes interest in their personnel and _________growth.
(3)Ram, along with the members of the family and that of his friend, ___________a movie.
- was watching
- were watching
- have been watching
(4)The manager wanted to meet you________________the theft in the office.
- referring to
- with regard to
- with reference to
- in connection with
(5) I absolutely refuse to put______________with that sort of conduct.
(6)When Mr.Kant heard the news of his son's selection to the college team, he felt_____________.
(7) Even at the risk of economic loss, he_________________refused to take the beaten track.
(8)On his sudden demise, my emotions were so complicated that it was______________how I felt.
(9)A solution many not yet be in sight, but the important thing was to get a ______________between them started.
(10)After consulting a ____________of doctors he eventually though of consulting a specialist.
(11)The presence of their teacher ____________the chit-chat of the girls in the restaurant.
(12)The man was about to move his bike into the compound of his apartment when a passer by _____________ down the motorbike.
(13) The paternalistic attitude is so ingrained in the managements that they will have to ___________try to change it.
(14)For a few seconds, Madan was__________ blinded by the powerful lights of the oncoming car.
(15)His interest in the study of human behaviour is indeed very________
- (2) with
- (4) professional
- (1) was watching
- (4) in connection with
- (1) up
- (2) elated
- (4) steadfastly
- (3) intolerable
- (3) dialogue
- (2) string
- (3) inhibited
- (4) knocked
- (3) subtly
- (4) totally
- (4) deep